Ready or Not? It’s time to Launch!
Top 20 tips to prepare your student for college and beyond!
As a parent of four young adults, I know firsthand the joys and challenges of raising and launching kids! I was laughing the other day defining what launch means to me: My kids must live outside of the family home, have their own 401K, Amazon Prime Account, and their own Netflix (I so love having my algorithms reflect my preferences!)
Over the years, I have collected some tips and trips that have empowered many parents and students on the road to independence.
Here are a few questions to get you thinking:
- Does your student have a bank account, credit, and debit card? Are there systems in the family for budgeting and allowance?
- Does your child have a routine around chores, doing their laundry, and waking themselves up in the a.m.?
- When your kiddo has a conflict with a teacher, do you encourage them to talk to the teacher about their feelings?
- Has your student had experiences staying away from home for a more extended period?
- Can students manage their screen time, the pressures of social media, and the mental health challenges they face as a result?
Check out the book I wrote in 2015 called the Entitlement Antidote and Tell Us Your Story if you are looking for a college consultant to support you through the process.
Fill out this form if you want a free downloadable document with 20 tips!