Emerging provides 1:1 consulting to parents and students from the beginning to the end of the college application process. Our team is comprised of experienced professionals dedicated to raising (and launching) good humans.
About the Founder
Meet Our Founder
Laura Barr is a deeply experienced and passionate college consultant who has propelled the educational journey of thousands of students from cradle to college. She works with students and their families to set goals and outcomes, empowering individuals to take ownership of their college search process and life choices. The benefits of this process extend far beyond school selection, as they help students develop confidence, perseverance, and a sense of accountability while bolstering communication and understanding between parents and children.
Laura’s expertise stems from decades of experience as an educator, administrator, writer, and instructional coach. She possesses a Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Early Childhood and Elementary Education, a Certified Education Planner (C.E.P.) credential, and a Certificate in Curriculum and Instruction – Student-Centered Coaching. She has launched four fiercely independent children of her own and believes in the transformative influence of education and the power of our youth to uphold democracy. As such, she continues to leverage her knowledge and resources to drive equitable educational opportunities for all.
- AICEP Certification
- Master of Early Childhood + Elementary Education
- Columbia Teacher’s College Reading + Writing Workshop
- Gap Year Association, Professional Member
- Higher Education Consultants Association, Member
- IECA, Professional Member
- Love & Logic, Parent Education Certified Coach
- National Association for College Admissions Counseling
- Student-Centered Coaching Certification
- Wrights Law Advocate Certification Memberships
- National Council of Teachers of English
- National Association of Early Childhood Education
- School Reform Initiative
- College Consultants of Colorado Applicant
We inspire families and students of all backgrounds to embrace their “story” and to create an educational path that is inspired by their identity whether it race, ethnicity, gender, economic status, and zip code.