Andrea, Ph.D., is a college transition educator and author who speaks with high school and college students and parents on the challenges related to the transition to college. She draws on her 25 years of experience as a college professor and as a university administrator.
Andrea is the creator of the Talking College™ card deck, the original card deck of discussion prompts for college-bound students and their parents (available in English and Spanish), co-creator of the Talking College™ Campus Visits Card Deck, and co-author of How to College: What to Know Before You Go (and When You’re There) (Macmillan), a student-facing book that guides high school graduates through their transition to college.
Dr. Brenner is a frequent contributor to articles about college transition challenges and a regular guest on podcasts focused on high school students and parents, and we are so lucky to have her with us!
⭐ Questions to be answered:
- What are the biggest first-year challenges?
- What are common first-year mistakes?
- What are the biggest differences between high school and college academics?
- How many clubs/organizations should a first-year student join in college?
- And many more of YOUR questions!