I believe that the college process is an opportunity for young adults to explore identity, establish independence and create the path towards “being launched.” I want my students to not only get into colleges but to be successful in the colleges they attend. I have developed a specific process that empowers students, promotes self-awareness and identity thinking. Students are “coached” to uncover their interests and passions, and are treated as competent and capable human beings. Together we create a customized plan with touchpoints along the way that is simple and empowering for both students and parents.
As I have been in the field of education for over twenty five years I have a deep understanding and experience with colleges and universities and the ability to create matches for the “right fit.” I recognize that each student has unique needs based on their backgrounds, passions, and purposes. With my distinctive set of knowledge of colleges, curriculums, and brain development, I am able to help match various learning profiles, including students with learning differences, with a school that will help them in successfully being launched.
I begin working with students on preparing for the college application process as early as their Freshman year in high school. With the growing competitive landscape in college admissions, I encourage students and families to learn about what goes into college applications ahead of time.
- Provide researched-based advice on parenting and college search process, maintaining all college certifications and providing the highest integrity in the field
- Focus on college match, support students and parents with updated, relevant information
- Guidance on how to stand out in the college search process
- Professional evaluation of all available academic and psychological records, review of transcripts and advising on high school course work
- Evaluation of student and parent inventories
- Communication with teachers, tutors, psychologists, therapists, as needed to understand the educational profile, as needed
- Strategic Education Visioning (Creating education path) including Gap Year, workforce, trade and service programs
- Access to Guided Path (College Search Software)
- Parent Education Focus on How to Launch
- Collaborative creation and revision of the College List
- Collaboration on the college process timeline
- Creating an on-going resume that reflects persona and value
- College Visit Planning strategy
- Educational Advocacy, as needed
- Never accepting payment from schools or any parties, programs for placement
- ACT and SAT planning and referrals
- Referrals for educational testing, tutors, and therapists, if needed
- e.Merging newsletters and eNotes reporting on current parenting and educational news, updates, events, and resources
- Monitor and maintain strict adherence to contracted hours
- Adhering to the ethics in my profession as stated by C.E.P, IECA and HECA
Planning consultations are designed for 8th and 9th families who are interested in getting a head start and to get a solid footing in the college search process. Please inquire for a Professionanal Services Agreemtment to further understanding the process.
Sophomore consultations are designed for 10th-grade students families who are grounded in the search process and are ready to fine-tune. Please inquire for a Professionanal Services Agreemtment to further understanding the process.
Junior year is typically the most stressful for students as they dedicate their time to their academic and extracurricular profile. Please inquire for a Professionanal Services Agreemtment to further understanding the process.
Senior Year is when all the work we have done together begins to pay off. Students and parents have a strong understanding of the college process, have reviewed college lists and it is time to modify, shift and get to work on the applications, deadlines and finalizing essays. Please inquire for a Professionanal Services Agreemtment to further understanding the process.
Cutting Edge Consulting
- Guided Path — a powerful college search platform that integrates the best practices in consulting into a user-friendly framework.
- Personality Surveys- Outputs match list based on a custom survey for college list development
- Powerful Search — includes customization of the results view and comparison analysis of student’s college list.
- “My chances” comparison — map student’s information to the college historical data.
- Net Price Estimates — provides the students’ EFC to estimate what might be expected in a financial aid package based on the college’s historical data and before applying to the college.
How does it work.
Services are catered to each client after a rigorous intake process where I listen to individual needs and create a Professional Services Agreement using a retainer style method of payment.
Join e.Merging Educational Consulting
Sign up to our newsletter for updates