Each month, I blog on a topic to support and inspire parents who are committed to raising independent, creative and powerful citizens who will use education to impact and transform.
It is my intent to provide tidbits to help parents navigate the educational path so that students will get into college and “thrive” in college.
Top 5 Tips Creating a Strategic Testing Timeline for ACT and SAT
Whether we like it or not test scores matter. When parents collaborate with their children in creating a strategic testing plan, the outcome equals less stress, anxiety, and fear.
Top 5 Tips for creating a strategic testing timeline!
- Find a test practitioner who can help you and your student discern, which test is the right one for your child’s learning style. In my practice, I refer to MindFish Test Prep as they have empowered hundreds of students in the Denver area to achieve test prep goals.
- Schedule the test date carefully around student’s activities, breaks, and sports events. There is nothing worse than scheduling the big test date on the same day as state finals or fall play dress rehearsal! Be aware of application deadlines.
- When you register through the SAT and ACT website, don’t forget to SAVE your password as you will need it to check scores. Take it from me: It’s no fun when you have to reset the password on the day you are anxiously awaiting the final numbers.
- Backward Plan test prep and tutoring, studying right up to the chosen test date. If finances allow, private tutors are ideal as they can hone in your precisely what your child needs. Don’t forget ID and calculator!
- Once you get the test score report, find a reliable and certified education planner to assist you in a strategy in creating a list of colleges that are “good fit colleges.” While standardized tests do matter, there are multiple factors that the admissions team using in evaluation what is compelling about students! (Note: Make sure you ask your potential college consultant what training and certifications they hold!)
Upcoming SAT and ACT Tests Dates
|SAT Test Dates:|
August 25, 2018 – Register by July 25, 2018
October 6, 2018 – Register by September 6, 2018
November 3, 2018 – Register by October 3, 2018
December 1, 2018 – Register by November 1, 2018
March 8, 2019 – Register by February 8, 2019
May 4, 2019 – Register by April 4, 2019
June 1, 2019 – Register by May 1, 2019
ACT Test Dates:
September 8, 2018 – Register by August 5, 2018
October 27, 2018 – September 21, 2018
December 8, 2018 – November 2, 2018
February 9, 2019 – January 11, 2019
April 13, 2019 – March 8, 2019
June 8, 2019 – May 3, 2019
Please reach out to Laura Barr at email@example.com for more infomration about scheduling and learning more about the art of creating testing timelines!