"Writing well has everything to do with being able to read one's own work with an eye toward the unmet possibilities that are there."
Writing the personal statement for the common application is one of the most anxiety-provoking steps for students in the college search process. Depending on how many schools a student applies, one individual may write up to 24 essay prompts. I strive in my practice to use the essay development process as an opportunity to explore identity and voice development. Through our work together, students become more clear about passions, purpose, ideas around career, and majors.
I bring my experience as a writer, teacher, and instructional coach to each student to inform and inspire.
In addition to coaching and feedback, I collaborate with the PROMPT essay development platform. Each student is assigned a professional writing editor to extend their thinking and to produce a final quality product.
- Columbia University Reading and Writer’s Workshop
- Member of Lighthouse Writers
- Instructional Coaching Certification for Reading and Writing, University of Wisconsin
- Course completion of Ethan Sawyer Development of Personal Statement and Supplemental Essay
- Course Completion of Prompt Seminar at IECA conference in L.A.
How does it work?
Services are catered to each client after a rigorous intake process where I listen to individual needs and create a Professional Services Agreement using a retainer style method of payment.
Join our community
SIGN UP HERE TO KEEP CURRENT ON ALL OF OUR UPCOMING EVENTS AND COMMUNICATIONS AND TO JOIN OUR FREE CIRCLE COMMUNITY.