Whether your child is 7 or 17, the school choice process can be overwhelming. But it doesn’t have to be! Below are 16 considerations for choosing the right school, and I have picked up some specific tips that will help you navigate this process throughout your child’s life.
Also, please join me for my next monthly Zoom webinar on Nov. 9th at 6:30 pm. We will be discussing the SAT & ACT in the age of COVID with a special guest, Bill Huston from Mindfish. RSVP HERE. If your child is a sophomore, junior, or senior, you won’t want to miss this!
Hope to see you virtually soon!
16 KEYS TO CHOOSING THE RIGHT SCHOOL
- What are the school’s identified mission and values?
- What are your identified values and mission? Do they align?
- What is the school’s educational philosophy?
- What is the school’s curriculum?
- What is the school’s approach to students mastering standards?
- How are teachers held accountable?
- How are teachers supported in their professional development?
- How will your student’s development be supported by peers and adult mentors?
- How are students held accountable?
- Know your student’s learning profile.
- Help your child to understand their learning style.
- How are individual students with unique perspectives, needs and dreams served?
- In what ways will your child will be engaged in the classroom?
- What are the compelling educational experiences beyond the classroom?
- How do the school’s graduates fare in college, and later professionally?
- Will the investment required result in commensurate life-lasting returns?”
Here are some other resources to help you navigate the school