Written by Bethany Todd and Jen Rigsby
Each year thousands of families move to different cities pursuing career possibilities or a better lifestyle. While some family members may be excited and inspired by the move, others may feel a sense of stress, anxiety and fear of the unknown. For young children, the stress of moving is often related to school. School is the center of much of a child’s year, happiness and social life. As parents plan for, or unpack from, a move to the Mile High City, one of the most stressful questions can be, “Where will my child go to school?”
5 Quick Tips to Help Parents Relocating to Denver
- Don’t rely on websites as evaluation tools for schools! Visit schools or talk to someone who has. Some schools may put you in touch with parent volunteers willing to talk to you over the phone.
- The Denver area has more educational offerings than anywhere in the country. However, there aren’t many great “school tracks.” It is rare to find an area that has a great elementary that feeds into superior middle and high schools. However, at e.Merging we have identified some tracks that can have your child in a great school system from elementary through high school. See our services below and contact us for more information!
- Get a realtor that really knows the areas, especially what is happening at the local schools. For example, there is an amazing school in Denver that a lot of people move into the area specifically for, but it is about to go through some major changes in the next two years which are important to know and understand prior to making that decision.
- Student recommendations are important for students applying to Colorado private schools. Denver private schools are competitive, especially for out of state candidates.
- Get help. e.Merging has developed a consulting service that directly addresses relocation and helps align children with the educational environment that is the best fit for them and their families. We provide assistance in identifying appropriate school choices, making the transition to a new school, and even locating a home in a particular school district or one that is convenient to a private school choice.
School Planning Services for Families Relocating to Denver
e.Merging’s relocation consultation services will guide you in finding a school where your child will be most successful. If your family is considering a Denver relocation, or is new to the city, e.Merging can quickly orient you to Denver’s educational landscape.
We can help you select schools for consideration, identify important admissions deadlines, and manage the overall admissions process. In addition to our school planning services, families who are relocating to Denver may need assistance with special situations including:
- Handling mid-year admissions cases
- Representing your family to schools before you arrive
- Consolidating admissions forms and tasks
- Concierge-level service in creating an itinerary for a trip to Denver to visit schools including tours, shadow visits, and admissions consults
- Collaborating with a realtor for advantageous home location choice
- Overview of the American and Denver school system and school choices
- Working with current teachers and schools to determine a placement that provides a student the best continuity
When you move, there is a lot on your mind. With e.Merging managing your school planning and selection process, you’ll have less stress. What’s better, your child will find the right fit in a school and be set for success on the first day.
Complete our questionnaire to get started.